Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Understanding a Serger



Today I begin classes at a local sewing store to learn everything you could ever want to know about a serger! I'm actually heading out to purchase my first serger in a few moments, because obviously, I'll need it to bring to the class. I'm pretty sure I've decided to go with a Brother model, (I currently own two Brother machines, my regular sewing machine and my embroidery machine). The Brother 1034D has good reviews for a 4 thread serger at a very low price point. I'm also considering a Singer machine.
Perhaps down the road, I'll invest in a big daddy machine with a 5th thread option, but for now, I think either of these machines would be just fine.



**Update, I did end up going with the Singer machine, as of July I still love it. It does pretty much everything I need, and the price was just perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment