Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day pillows

I decided to make embroidered pillows for both my mom and mother-in-law this year for Mother's Day. I recently made Euro Shams to match my ottoman in the living room, and it was the first pillow I'd made in over two decades! (I'll apologize for these pictures now, they were taken on my iphone, and the sun was coming into the room... I'll try to take better ones soon.) It was also the first time ever I made cording too. I'm very proud of them, and think they turned out great!



This was the pillow I made for my mother-in-law. The fabric was actually one I had from recovering my chairs for my dining room/kitchen table. It matches her family room perfectly! The quote on the pillow is "God could not be everywhere, and therefore He made mothers."




This is the one I made for my mom... I couldn't post a picture until today, since it didn't get to her in California until this afternoon. (oops!) Her's says "Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever." I've been in love with damask prints for awhile, and when I came across this fabric I HAD to have it! It also will match my sister's bedroom... I think I'll have to come up with something pretty for her, too!




Best part of this project? No CPSIA labeling requirements! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment