Sunday, May 2, 2010

Trash to Treasure

Last week when I got home from work I noticed our new neighbor trying to remove this old horse statue from her front yard. It looks like it could be original to the block... our house was built in 1928. She was really struggling trying to get it out of the ground. I gave my husband (who works in the horse racing industry) a call to see if he wanted me to ask her if we could have it. Obviously, he said "Yes"! I headed out to let her know she could stop struggling with it, and he'd get it out when he got home from work. The next day he started working on removing the dirt, peeling paint, and years of exposure to the Long Island elements.





And, after only one coat of paint, here she is! I joke that my husband is my "demo guy" - better at taking things apart than putting them back together, but, clearly he's hiding some DIY talent. I am really proud of him!


Now, we start to hunt for a lawn jockey to fix up!

1 comment: