We closed on our home on May 15, 2008. As I had mentioned in an earlier post, the people we purchased our home from were smokers and had pets... needless to say, our first priority was removing carpet and painting surfaces. Here's the journey my craft room took.
Once we had the carpet up, we discovered this red layer of paper. I think it had to be some form of adhesive for the carpet, which had probably been down for decades!
However, this room turned out amazing! The original pine floors underneath buffed and polished looked wonderful.
After one good thick coat of primer, to block stains and smells.
I took more pictures during the process of painting, but because of the wood paneling lines, I didn't need to use tape to separate my colors. I took a few days to paint each color. I started with the white, and made sure it went on the largest of the panels and then randomly chose which panels to fill in with either black or pink.
Obviously this is my "pre-sewing" days. I still need to put up crown moulding, but seem to be so busy sewing and flying, that it hasn't been a priority. I recently posted pics of my updated sewing room.
It was so overwhelming when we first moved in, but we just took it one project at a time. It sure keeps us busy.
I'm linking up to the following parties:
Rainbow Honey Lime Fruit Salad
2 days ago