Sunday, July 3, 2011

Oh Boy!

It's a BOY!



We welcomed a bouncing baby boy to the world at 3:04am on June 7th. Michael weighed in at a whopping 9 pounds 10 ounces and was 22 inches long! I guess the extra 6 days of "cooking" really beefed him up!



His birth was by far the most spiritual moment of my life. Around 2am, after about 20 minutes of pushing my epidural was turned off, and I was started on pitocin because my contractions had slowed down too much. An hour later the epidural had completely worn off by the time Michael made his debut! I honestly don't remember the pain, just the prayers and chat I was having with God asking for his strength and help in successfully delivering my child.



I love this picture of him! I think it looks like he's pondering something very important.



One week after his birth, I had newborn photos taken. I cannot say enough good things about Jessica of AJ Nick Photography. Anyone in the Long Island/NYC area should really consider booking a photo shoot with her. You can also find her on facebook.








This galvinized bucket was a special gift from my NY bridesmaids at my bridal shower in 2006. They filled it with bottles of wine with a note attached for us to celebrate monthly anniversaries following our wedding. To see our sweet baby boy nearly five years later sleeping soundly in the same bucket is just awesome!



We are all adjusting to life as a family of three. So far the little guy has a wonderful disposition and I'm already finding time during his naps to start sewing again. I should be re-opening my ETSY shop soon!



400 pixels pink sig

No comments:

Post a Comment